PRODUCT EXTENSION ADS
Softweb Technology is a professional company which provides the service orinted software for the peoples to feel friendly & easy to access the IT Knowledge & Helps in developing their business at National/International level."The growth of knowledge is growth of wealth".The Product extension ads which designed for market friendly nature & works on the following things. A marketing technique where by information about a company's goods or services is passed electronically from one Internet user to another.
Display advertising refers to advertising that incorporates text, logos and pictures or images positioned on a website or search engine. It is different than Google's text, or classified advertising, in that it not only includes the brand's message, but the business's overall brand.Display advertising is advertising on websites. It includes many different formats and contains items such as text, images, flash, video, and audio.The main purpose of display advertising is to deliver general advertisements and brand messages to site visitors. Companies Make Products and Consumers Make Brands. A product is made by a company and can be purchased by a consumer in exchange for money while brands are built through consumer perceptions, expectations, and experiences with all products or services under a brand umbrella. For example, Toyota's product is cars.
Benefits of Brand Extensions Ads
- Capitalize existing brand assets: When market entry barriers are high, a company through brand extension can achieve growth by capitalizing its existing brand assets.
- Lower cost access to retail operation: Brand extension allows the retailing organization an easy and a lower cost access to an existing distribution. For example, traditional men’s wear brands have incorporated women’s wear into their ranges..
- Economies in promotion and advertising: In the era of communication revolution, consumers are well aware of various brands available in the market. Brand extension involves introducing product variations of the existing brands offered in the market. So, there is no need to build public awareness afresh. Economies in promotion and advertising, therefore, accrue to organizations adopting brand extension strategies. .
- Gives an instant position and reputation: Existing brand name gives own products or new businesses an instant position and reputation. Consumers have confidence in existing brands. The existing confidence is instantly transferred to the new offer..
- Extends perceived quality to the new offer: A product is a bundle of utilities. Consumer’s are prepared to buy a brand only when its price is worthy of its benefits. The quality, perceived by the consumer must match the quality of the existing retail offer, is transferred by the customer to the new product..
- Reassures a prospective purchaser that the retail offer is well supported: Consumers recognize a brand name only when it is favorably perceived by them. A recognizable brand reassures a prospective buyer that the retail offer is well supported by the company. So, it encourages initial purchases. .
- Brand extension increases the probability of success: Drastic changes take place in marketing environment. A market witnesses the entry of competitors into it that adds to the growing complexity of competition. As a defense against competition and desire to grow, product launch becomes inevitable. But huge investments are required to develop and launch a new brand. By extending a brand the marketer can bring the costs down substantially while increasing the probability of success at the same time. .
- Extensions enhance promotional efficiency: Supporting a large number of individual brands will involve high costs. Its promotion cost structure will go up. Moreover, investment in one brand does not help the other brands. But under brand extension, an already established name is used to enter another product class. When the Dettol brand of soap is advertised, it indirectly benefits other brands under the same name. Further, at the time of new product launches, the name awareness already exists. So, it needs less advertising support in comparison with new brand launches.
- By knowing the name, a customer can easily understand the performance delivery of a new brand: Brand extensions offer a less risky route to a new product category. When a customer is familiar with a brand, the customer knows what to expect from the brand. This is based on what the customer already knows about the brand. When Kelvinator launched a new product, a microwave oven, customer would have been more comfortable in the context of expectations. Familiarity with a brand name reduces the risk perceived by the prospect in a buying situation..
- Brand extensions immensely help parent brand: Brand extensions are justified as they help parent brand in many ways The first and foremost benefit is that brand extensions bring clarity in brand meaning. It can in fact enlarge the product meaning. For example, J & J is not about baby soap, it is all about baby care. Likewise, IBM is not merely in the computer business but in the customer solution business. Secondly, extensions strengthen the brand’s bond with customers. It reinforces the brand image by adding this association.
- Superior returns are generated from diversified brands: Many brands were initially a mono-product. Over time, the mono-activity evolved into a diversified structure. Walt Disney, for example was about animation films for children during the fifties. But now it has grown as a highly heterogeneous business. These include publishing, films, television, theme parks and cruises. It has been proved that focused brands earn less while diversified brands generate huge returns.